Friday, March 19, 2010

my first summer on my own!

So far this semester, I have been super busy and stressed planning out how to spend my summer. I was really REALLY interested in doing an internship, and I knew that I had to somehow get paid this summer. Well, I applied for 3 internships and got 2 of them! That is pretty huge for me! so let me layout exactly what I am going to be doing this summer:

I'm staying in Greenville all summer. 20-30 hours a week I will be working in Snyder. I will be feeding the current animals we have and doing basic research on their natural habitats and care. Over the course of the summer I will also be finishing a major freshwater tank, researching and introducing new animals, working on 2-3 nature trails we want to introduce, and basically anything anyone asks me to do. This is an internship, but is also flexible enough that I can control my own hours and projects.

for the entire summer, every Tuesday and Thursday I will be going to St. Louis to the World Aquarium from 10:30am-6pm. There I will be doing behavioral research, which is want I want to do for my career! Hopefully, at the end of the summer, I will be able to publish my research in a Scientific Journal.

Through all of this, I am taking a summer class for part of summer and also studying and practicing to take my GRE.

Because I will be in Greenville all summer, I found an apartment to live in for the summer and all of the school year. I'm finally out on my own!

This all may sound like a lot, but I am ready for it!

=]

No comments:

Post a Comment